Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Shades

The temple bells announce the morn
I lie awake through the night
Out of darkness the light is born
I behold the blessed sight

Orange and red, yellow and white
After the grey, blue and black
The presence and the absence of light
An open door, a seething crack

Unread people unread books
Scattered in chaos
In sleepy mirror the stranger looks
Empty worlds across

Peep into the darkness
But take a candle along
Bring a prayer to bless me
Sing a little song

Love with all my white
Hate with all my green
Dancing with wrong and right
Flirting with selfless and mean

I told her I have tied me up
She pulled out the same card
Sipping  bitterness from a cup
Wondering if I was scarred

Closing my eyes to numbness mauve
I questioned my musing shades
We agreed we both love Anton Chekhov
A curious content invades

We thought and spoke and cried
In Californication and Hodo
Like two tramps in the middle of happy nowhere
Smiling while waiting for Godot.

1 comment:

  1. Rohini,

    Quixotic Knight is honored to inform you that you've been picked for the prestigious "Sunshine Award" in blogging.
    The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity & creativity inspires others in the blog world.

    Please go the following link to see my post regarding your award.
    http://random-renditions.blogspot.com/2010/02/and-sunit-shines.html
    The rules for accepting these award:-

    Put the logo on your blog or within your post.-

    Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.-

    Link the nominees within your post.-

    Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

    - Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

    The image for Sunshine Award can be taken from "Quixotic Quagmires"

    ReplyDelete